Tuesday, August 07, 2007

YSlow - 13 Simple Rules for Speeding Up Your Web Site

Yahoo! Developer Network provides a list of 13 rules for speeding up website. To check if a website follow the simple rules, Yahoo! have provide a nice tool, YSlow. It is a plugin on Firebug. YSlow analyzes web pages and tells you why they're slow based on the 13 rules.

Ironically, I've check the Yahoo Performance article page. It have a rating of "F"


www.yahoo.com get a better rating of "B". Some of the rule they get B, C and worst F. I would expect them to have mostly A.


I'm working on a web portal now. Before tuning, I have some issue for expire header and gzip component. I manage to tweak things a bit and get the rating improved. The only luxury that I don't have is Content Delivery Network.


Guess who get the "A" rating below. It's one of Yahoo's biggest competitor.

No comments: