Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pottermania

The hype is on for Harry Potter final book. Things here in Malaysia is slightly more calm. Yes, there are some bookstore/hypermarket where queue started as early as 5:00am to wait for the store to open at around 7:00am. You don't normally see people queue to get into a bookstore. Better still Harry Potter book sold here is not cheap. In fact it is damn expensive. The recommended retail price is going for MYR 109.90. I would not pay that sum for a story book. Some hypermarket are selling it for MYR 69.90. That's slightly more reasonable. But it is still expensive. Three major bookstore are boycotting selling Harry Potter books because hypermarket is selling them for much cheaper. I think that is their lost. Other bookstore selling at retail price but are giving some discount and some them sold out the books.

Anyway I was at a hypermarket to shop for groceries and saw the book. Nope there we no queue. I grab a copy at MYR 69.90 but sorry to say that I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter. It's been 4 days since I got the book but I have not even started the first chapter. Trying to finish another book I'm reading now. Looking at some positive review on the web, I think I will start on the book soon and hope it doesn't disappoint.

No comments: